We have added a new type of the required light distribution: axisymmetrical intensity distribution with predefined directivity diagram. Analytical computational methods and optimization procedures are implemented for all kinds of optical elements. As an example, the step-by-step instruction of designing refractive optical element which generates 100-degree isotropic intensity distribution for extended Lambert light source is provided below.
1. On the first step of project creation wizard choose source type "Flat source with arbitrary axisymmetrical intensity distribution" (fig. 1). Go to the next step by pressing button "Next".
2. On the second step of project creation wizard set all parameters as shown in fig. 2 and go to the third step by pressing button "Next".
3. On the third step of project creation wizard choose "Arbitrary axisymmetrical intensity distribution" (fig. 3) and go to the fourth step by pressing button "Next".
4. On the fourth step of project creation wizard (fig. 4) push "Edit..." button to change the profile of required intensity distribution. Choose in the appeared window the right node and set the value of angle "Psi" to 50 degrees (fig. 5). Return to fourth step of wizard by pressing button "OK" and go to the fifth step.
5. On the fourth step of project creation wizard choose in the popup menu "Refractive optics with two aspherical surfaces" (Fig. 6) and press button "Next" to go to the final step.
6. On the final step of project creation wizard set parameters as shown in Fig. 7 and press button "Compute". After a few seconds the profile of computed optical element (fig. 8) and the generated intensity distribution (fig. 9) will appear. Press button "Finish" to go the main window (fig. 10). The optical element is designed!